Header Ads

I won’t refund money to EFCC – Ladoja said





A former Governor of Oyo State, Rashidi Ladoja, on Friday said he was not worried by the ongoing suit instituted against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, adding that he would not refund any money to the anti-graft agency because he did not steal while in government. The EFCC took Ladoja to court over alleged misappropriation of state funds while in office between 2003 and 2007.

When the case was recently reopened, the EFCC investigator, Abubakar Madaki, who testified against the former governor at the Federal High Court in Lagos, said while in office, Ladoja instructed that N6.6bn worth of shares belonging to the state be sold at discounted rates without the approval of the state executive council. Madaki alleged that the money went into private pockets. However, Ladoja denied the allegations.

He said, “It was true that I did not return any money to the purse of the anti-graft agency because I did not steal state’s money. Why would I refund money when I did not steal any money? I am not bordered. It is true that EFCC said I didn’t refund money. This is because I did not steal any money."






Want to receive our next updates? Enter your email address:

Delivered by Ideasbeams


No comments

We appreciate your comment a lot. You can join our facebook group to stay up-to-date with us.
Have any inquiries, feel free to use the contact page. Thank you.

FOR BLOGGERS
Click To Parse Your Adsense HTML Code
Powered by Blogger.